Monday, November 2, 2009

Daybook - November 2nd

Outside my window... the sun is shining (yeah) and the yard is covered in leaves

I am thinking... now fast the Thanksgiving and Christmas are approaching

I am thankful for... my children

I am wearing...I'm still in my red bathrobe about to get into the shower

I am going... to the grocery store this afternoon and maybe Goodwill to see what they might have for new Christmas items

I am reading... A Legacy of Grace. Just started reading this last week. Some homeschool mom's are going to do a book group/discussion using this book by Francine Rivers. I think it will be a good group.

I am hoping...to get back on my diet and our eliptical machine. I've gained back some of the weight I lost and I really need to get back onto taking weight off. I find this time of year harder for me than others because of the cold and lack of daylight hours. I sometimes I think I have some of that seasonal affective disorder.

On my mind...when will we be able to move on from this location. I feel like the Israelites wandering around in the desert crying out how long?

From the learning rooms...finishing up World War I and moving into the Great Depression for a couple of weeks.

Noticing that...the kids are moving a little slow this morning. They must be tired still.

Pondering these words..."I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11

From the kitchen... don't know yet

Around the house... lots of piles of craft items and some of the finished items for the church's Christmas sale

One of my favorite things . . . primitive and country decorating

From my picture journal...

If you'd like to read other woman's daybooks then hop on over to Peggy's and join in the fun.

6 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Love the picture!!! Christmas and Thanksgiving are BARRELING toward us and I am not ready!!!

I LOVE Francine Rivers. I have not read that one, myabe I can try over the Christmas holidays, that is about the only time I can find to read anymore!

Have a great week!

Tara said...

Thank you for stopping by I hope to see you again. I really need to post more about my crafts. I am working on a crocheted blanket for hubby, knitted socks for baby girl. The a quilt for the house actually piecing one and hand quilting another. The weather is cool enough now.
Christmas is on the mind as what to do for family and friends and wondering if there is enough time. Just is going so quickly.

Patricia said...

Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoyed reading our daybook. Seems like everyone is moving kind of slow this time of year. I think the time change upsets us all a bit.

Blessings

Love Bears All Things said...

I love that Fall photo.
I need to get back to losing weight,too. I was doing well until vacation in July. Since then, I've let so much of it come back. I think the weather affects me too. At least, that's what I'm claiming. We've had so many days of rain and clouds the last two months.
Hope whatever plan your hoping for comes true.
Mama Bear

dtbrents said...

Lisa, I hope you have had a wonderful week. The picture is wonderful. Your children are so cute. I hope they enjoyed Halloween. I am back on my diet but haven't lost much. God bless, Doylene

Karen said...

Thank you for stopping in to visit me. I hope you've had a good week. I enjoyed reading your daybook--and the picture is so cute! Karen