Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!


Merry Christmas to all of you out there. We had a wonderful evening (last night) opening gifts. I got some great pictures and the kids got some really nice gifts. They did a really good job with finding things for mom this year and my hubby went a little overboard. One of the things he bought me was some body wash from bath n body two different scents. The first is Twilight Woods from my older two girls because they love the Twilight movies. Then he took the 3 from the PS I love collection and wrapped them in a box all by themselves from him - that was kinda sweet. Then he went to a local prim shop and picked out a new shelf for me all on his own. The owner Kathy is going to paint it red for me and then I can go pick it up when it's ready. I'll try to remember to post a pic when I get it hung up.

This morning was kinda poor attendance at church but the weather has been rather frightful out here. Snow, sleet, rain then more snow then more sleet. You get the picture. We had planned to go see a movie today - the new Alvin and the Chipmunks but decided to put it off until the roads were better. I think our new truck would've done fine but then again ice can be so unpredictable.

David has a funeral to do tomorrow at one of the vacancy congregations so we may have to wait until Sunday for the movie.

Some of the family's favorite gifts:
Gabrielle - new clothes, books and music
Arianna - books, a new camera, some clothes we need to exchange for the right size
Natania - some american girl stuff, clothes and fashionable boots
Annaliese - also some american girl stuff, clothes and fashionable boots
Micah - a new sled, xmas boxers (he sleeps in these. He does not consider them underwear and gets very upset when they are referred to as that) and some legos
Dad - movies, books and a fun thing from Micah to Dad was xmas boxers also - ones that say "naughty or nice", stripes and I forget the other print. We had a fun laugh at that one.

Well those were some of our favorites among all the gifts. I don't usually buy so many things for the kids but each year they need new PJ's. And then they have some fun things they usually want so it's hard to buy just clothes or essential things. I try to make a good mix of things. And when you have a mom who just absolutely loves to Christmas shop - crowds and all. Well sometimes you get caught up in the fun of finding that right gift for your child. I say every year I'm going to cut back but . . . well one can always hope to accomplish that some day.

I hope you enjoyed your day with family and friends. So Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: