Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Art of Drawing

Charlotte Mason was a huge fan of drawing, specifically drawing from nature. At the time of these drawings we were living in Wisconsin which tends to get very cold during the fall and winter. I adapted her concepts and had the children draw pictures from field guides and animal books. There is one photo that doesn't pertain to those topics because my son Micah wanted to be included and has done very little nature drawing. He traces and colors in his pictures for now which isn't too bad for a 5 year old boy.


We didn't seem to do as much natural journaling as I remembered. The kids took off on their own with drawing together and creating personal notebooks full of their hard work. I hope this coming school year (2008-09) that we can expand on our art with more drawing, pen and ink, and painting.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Wow those are great drawings by your children. Even if you don't do much journaling, the artists coming out in your children are wonderful. They'll definitely always see things very well!

Yes, I do remember you. Do you still live in WI? Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm enjoying yours.